Rhythmandwords

Banter on Tulips and a Tribe Called Quest, Jay-Z and John Coltrane, Outkast and Othello.

7.04.2006

On All Fours

Happy Fourth of July one and all! In honor of Independence Day, I've compiled a list of fours. Enjoy...

Four shoe lines I like: Nine West, Steve Madden, BCBG, Adidas
Four songs I hate: Jiggle It (by Young Someyoungnegro or other), anything post-Fergie by the Black Eyed Peas, Unbreakable by Alicia Keys and For You by Kenny Lattimore
Four men I'd marry (*smile*): Idris Elba, Dhani Jones, Quest Love, Barack... oops, missed my chance
Four words I'd never want to hear: You were almost hired...
Four words I'd always want to hear: I do love you
Four stores I love: Banana Republic, Lord and Taylor, Bloomie's, DSW
Four flavors to try... in Philly water ice: cherry, lemon, vanilla, tangerine
Four people I'd die to meet: Andre 3000, Nikki Giovanni, Earth Wind and Fire, Idris Elba
Four quotables: "Is every nigga with dreds for the cause? Is every nigga with golds for the fall? Naw..." (Outkast), "Beauty is truth, truth beauty, that is all ye know on earth and all ye need to know" (Keats), "Be author of your own horoscope" (Common), "Caint worry bout what another nigga think, now that's liberation and bay-bay I want it" (Kast).
Four albums that would accompany me on a deserted island: Earth, Wind and Fire "That's the Way of the World", Stevie Wonder "Songs in the Key of Life", Anita Baker "Greatest Hits", Sergio Mendes "Greatest Hits"
Four words that describe my current ethos: live.love.write.happy

Tis all.
*smile*

4 Comments:

At July 05, 2006 12:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know its nearly a year old at this point, but I still hate Alicia Keys song "Unbreakable" too. I feel like a whole nation of people got Jedi Mind Tricked into thinking that was a good song.

It almost feels like I hold a grudge against it. LOL.

 
At July 08, 2006 5:56 AM , Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

i see the Nine West store is popular in your circle of friends

 
At July 27, 2006 8:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love the entry! Made me think of my own spin on it. I completely agree with you on Unbreakable. I love her, but that song,..huh. And I also have to agree adding Dhani on your list(know him, but haven't spoken to him in years-he use to play with my brother. He's good people)

 
At August 04, 2006 4:36 PM , Blogger seedofeve said...

Met Nikki Giovanni several times and she is amazing! The older she gets the more fiery she becomes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home