Rhythmandwords

Banter on Tulips and a Tribe Called Quest, Jay-Z and John Coltrane, Outkast and Othello.

11.01.2006

Almost There...

Now playing* "Almost There" - The Jackson Five

"No matter how hard, the times may seem.
Don't give up our plans, don't give up our dreams.
No broken bridges can turn us around.
Cause what we're searching for, will soon be found.


Hey good people, how ya doin'? How ya momma doin'? Yours truly, M. Dot has been MIA for good reason. I've been serving time. LOL.

Law school is no joke. And that's the God honest truth. I should be getting another line jacket by the time this year is over. It's that serious :)

So much has happened in the world since last we rapped. Flava Flave has spawned another love child... Janet's back (and still black. Lol)... the Tigers lost the World Series... Halloween has come and gone (I was in the library dressed up as student afraid of end of the semester finals)... Reese and her hubby split. I guess it's like George Benson sings, "Everything must change/ Nothing stays the same." I don't really have anything to say that's not related to Torts law or not related to writing a legal memo. Yuck... I have turned into a law student drone.

The people here are cool. The weather is cold, but that was to be expected. I love my place and the fact that I am close to my diva, newly turned 85-year-old grandmother, who still manages to outdress me on a regular basis! Love her too much. Lol. I am trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Pending I do alright, I will have another set of opportunities I didn't have before I got here and another set of skills that I can use to help people... or sell out for filthy lucre. Hee. Hee. But right now it's a process. I am in the thick of it.

I feel like Harriet.

Will let you know when I cross dat ole rivah. Lol

2 Comments:

At November 01, 2006 8:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're ALIVE!! Just a regular reader saying hi.... Congrats on making this far, I know you'll tear it up! Ok, I can stop worrying that you got hit by a bus or something.... Take care! --ALove

 
At November 02, 2006 12:30 PM , Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

You're no longer in NYC...you need to change your location on your blog

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home