Rhythmandwords

Banter on Tulips and a Tribe Called Quest, Jay-Z and John Coltrane, Outkast and Othello.

11.10.2006

Pop, Pop, Pop Goes my Mind...

So I have whatever flu-like virus is going around on campus. Woke up and it felt like I was toting a bag of rocks on my head. (At first I thought it was one too many margaritas from last night (That would equal a whole "2". Lol) But my throat was also John Blazing. Argh. As someone who never gets sick, best believe I'm gonna play it up when I have the opportunity :)

Anyway, my day didn't get any better when I learned that Gerald Levert passed away... at 40! Lawd help us. I swear if they don't get black men by clubbing them over the head when they're driving in the wrong neighborhood, they get them on the streets. If not on the streets, then with heart disease (see Gerald Levert or Barry White.) Or as in Gregory Hines, August Wilson and now Ed Bradley's case... all too early with cancer. I hate to be macabre, but what is really going on?

Have to find my Levert music. I keep hearing "Pop, Pop, Pop Goes my Mind"...

2 Comments:

At November 12, 2006 4:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think what's going on is the African American community is not practicing safe health....

 
At November 22, 2006 12:53 PM , Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

when are you going to update your location since you are not in New York any more

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home