Rhythmandwords

Banter on Tulips and a Tribe Called Quest, Jay-Z and John Coltrane, Outkast and Othello.

3.12.2006

Weekend

Now playing: Stay the Night, Mariah Carey

-I'm on the super late bus, but this song is off the chain. Genuine Grade A, vintage Mariah. Having heard just half of "The Emancipation of Mimi" before the Grammy Awards, I thought that the silicone diva with the God-given pipes had gotten robbed when she didn't get album of the year. But, now that I hear this one, it's more of a "We didn't land on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock landed on us" kinda moment. Where is the good reverend Jesse Jackson when you need someone to boycott the recording industry powers that be? Geez...

-In other news, I had a fantabulous weekend avec friends in B-More. J. threw a late Mardi Gras party that should go down in the Negro Social Registry for years to come. Lol. Can we say the Black Martha Stewart? He cooked miniature po'boys, two kinds of authentic bread pudding, jambalaya, corn muffins with jalapenos and the piece the resistance... the best pralines I have ever had! As someone who has only mastered how to microwave Lean Cuisine and add 1% milk to cereal, I truly respect the hustle. Hats off :)

-So admittedly, I haven't been following the NCAA basketball season as closely as I should be, but this is a PSA for all the ahem... haters out there. I see the Blue Devils are ranked uhm...#1 for the Tourney once mo' gin. I started to talk junk, but seing as how any team, no matter how impeccable the legacy is a potential choke artist as the Ides of March approach, I will hold my tongue... for now. But sleep on this: Grant Hill, Elton Brand, Shane Battier, Jay Williams...and lil' J.J. Nuff said. G'night blokes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home