Rhythmandwords

Banter on Tulips and a Tribe Called Quest, Jay-Z and John Coltrane, Outkast and Othello.

5.15.2007

Staring out my Window ...

"It's always dangerous when everybody's sleeping and I've been thinking, can we be alone? Can we be alone?/ When will we get the time to be just friends?" -Amy Winehouse

This is very stream of consciousness. Fair warning *smile*
  • I'm thanking God for time to sit and daydream. I'm looking out my window wondering how things are always greener after a big rainstorm.

  • I'm thanking God for good music. New melodies. (For anyone who cares, Amy Winehouse is the best thing since beef patties and coco bread, comparable to chasing the ice cream man and catching him. And she's mostly assuredly better than having to get your natural black tail in the house before the street lights came on.) I don't give honorary status out too often, but she's right up there with Teena Marie and the Average White Band =)

  • I'm thanking God for end of exams and for the beginning of summer job in a new city. Dallas here I come. I can't promise to want to remain out west forever. (I ride for the East Coast! Lol) But I sho' like beef BBQ. Hmm...quandary

  • I'm thanking God that he cares about all of my incongruous parts and sentiments (I'm a blue-state Christian with some friends who are gay and an affinity for Wu Tang, flossing like Diana Ross in Mahogany and school snobbery. Did I mention that sometimes I sit and wish I was Kim Porter (but with a degree.) Lol. See, nonsensical at bare minimum.

  • I'm thanking God for creative minds. Every time someone comes along with a new piece of artwork or song or dance (the "Walk it out" excepted. Sorry.) There's evidence of the vast expanse of God. As much as we think we already know or have discovered, there's still more to examine, learn or master. To create. That's amazing. Think about it.

  • I'm thanking God for family (blood & friends who have become blood)
I'm thanking God...

2 Comments:

At July 29, 2007 12:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know - it's always a pleasure to read your writing.

 
At August 09, 2007 10:25 PM , Blogger Mahogany Elle said...

Thanks Cee! Thanks means alot :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home