Rhythmandwords

Banter on Tulips and a Tribe Called Quest, Jay-Z and John Coltrane, Outkast and Othello.

8.09.2007

The Way of the World

"You will find peace of mind if you look way down in your heart and soul.
Hey, don't hesitate cause the world seems cold.
Stay young at heart. Cause you're never old. That's the way of the world..."
- Earth, Wind and Fire, "That's the Way of the World"

So, I haven't been around. If anyone is still reading (Hello-llo Hello-llo! Lol) I have to apologize. Summer has been productive but awfully stressful. I feel like sometimes I have turned off my creative brain and replaced it with a Blue book, expandable brown folders and enough highlighters to paint me green and call me Miss Christmas. I understand why people get up n' out this field as soon as the loans are paid off. I for one have already formed a multilayered plan.

Since my quest to become the wife/ chief baby mama of a certain NFL balla has not materialized, I have to use my head . . . or my juggling skills. I will either A) join the circus that has taken hold of the crimson rouge and clown pants wearer Ms. Lauryn "L Boogie" Hill lately or B) Give it all up, defect to Times Square and sleep in a tent made of old law books. I make a pretty good trashcan fire. I just have to buy some of those gloves with the fingers cut off.

But before all that happens, I gotta stick the original plan through. Sigh. So here I am Kizzying it up for YT. Or as I heard Tina Turner sing, "workin' fo' da man ery night and day." I just know one thing . . . "rain don' last fo'ever/ Sun gotta shine."

-M. Elle

** Sidenote -- After I posted, I saw that today August 10, 2007, I made 10,000 readers. Yay! Law school has taken much of my time away from writing. But y'all still stop by every so often. Thank you for still reading. I promise to be around more often. **

2 Comments:

At August 13, 2007 2:55 PM , Blogger Xquizzyt1 said...

SOROR!!!! HEY MAMA!!!

How in the deuce are you!!!???

Wait, you graduated already - if not, what year are you now? We MUST talk!!! Email me Xquizzyt1@gmail.com and I'll give you my number... I need someone to talk to about this shyt! I had a little mini-sorta-kinda anxiety attack complete with heart palpitations and shortness of breath. LOL So please email me so I can pick that brilliant mind of yours clean!!! LOL

X =)

 
At August 20, 2007 4:46 PM , Blogger Will said...

Once every three months?!?! Really? LOL

Seriously, good to read you again. Feels like it's been forever. Missed you. :)

Oh, and Happy Summer to you.

Will
dawsonink.net.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home