Rhythmandwords

Banter on Tulips and a Tribe Called Quest, Jay-Z and John Coltrane, Outkast and Othello.

10.27.2005

Ten Things I Love About Thursday

1. I’m fond of calling it "Friday eve."
2. I don’t feel bad about leaving the office early, for once.
3. By the end of the day, I will have officially completed my first law school application and will be one step closer to selling out for the Range Rover(Yay!) … Republican party affiliation and Vineyard summer home purchase soon to come. Then, it’s on to filthy rich, teflon racelessness a la Tiger Woods and Oprah. Stay tuned peoples. LOL.
4. I finally got to see an episode of "Everybody Hates Chris." (This daggone commute has been seriously cut into my TV watching.) Anyways, love it. I see why it’s all the rage.)
5. I get to think about the office Halloween party tomorrow, consider a range of costumes --Fantasia sporting a "Will Rede 4 Fude" T-shirt… Star Jones (complete with false eyelashes and a sarong-wearing hubby)…Whitney with wig and hat combo accessory (crackpipe not included)… L’il Kim in a Louis Vuitton jailsuit) -- and then realize that I sooo don’t have the energy nor the deniro to squander in such an endeavor.
6. Learning this a.m. that "Curious George" dropped his nomination of the mascara-burdened Harriet Miers to the high court. After my initial tap dance and impromptu song, "Joke’s on you… Boo-Boo da fool," I did feel a tinge of sadness for her, as that must have been quite embarrassing. And, it wasn’t her fault she has a dummy for a mentor. Still, she should have known better to go along with it. And this isn’t because of her apparent lack of qualifications. I’m talking about the fact that what savvy Supreme Court-ready mind wears midnight blue and ten thousand gold lapel pins to a press conference in this day and age? The Secret Service should have nabbed her. Pronto.
7. Today erases the painful memory of yesterday, when during a chance listen to the radio I heard some crack and gubment cheese-fed teenager singing about some "lady lumps" or something to that effect. Horrified was not even the word that was I.
8. Hearing that, due to hard work, all-around hypeness and journalistic prowess, a good friend will be moving up in the news and living in the lap of luxury soon. And that I will have yet one more place to visit during my scheduled world tour... coming to a city near you *smile.*
9. Not feeling too guilty that I am too sleepy to think of a #9.
10. Or #10 LOL

Okay, I'm gone till November. Will hollareth soon.

5 Comments:

At October 30, 2005 3:06 PM , Blogger Maverick said...

I don't listen to the radio that much nowadays...who was the person that was singing the song mentioned in number 7? Probably an R. Kelly prodigy...by the way, has anybody seen the next installment of the "Trapped in the Closet" videos? Pure comedy...

 
At October 31, 2005 11:16 AM , Blogger Maverick said...

Two thumbs down on the Black Eyed Peas...

 
At November 01, 2005 6:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, it's not fair that you have me cracking up on a Tuesday night when I should be working. But darn it, this is some funny stuff

 
At November 02, 2005 11:46 AM , Blogger Nerd Girl said...

"My lovely lady lumps. I'm gon get you love drunk off my lumps." What?!? This garbage courtesy of the Black Eye Peas is just another affirmation that the state of music is in a rapid decline. Whoa -- I sound like an angry old person. Could it be that I am?? : )

 
At November 16, 2005 2:23 PM , Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

Thursday is one day before Friday=payday

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home