Rhythmandwords

Banter on Tulips and a Tribe Called Quest, Jay-Z and John Coltrane, Outkast and Othello.

8.15.2005

The Music of My Mind


A beaming me...Mahogany Elle

Songs I'm playing right now: Message in Our Music -- The O'Jays; Still Water (Love) -- Four Tops; Footsteps in the Dark -- Isley Brothers; Imagination -- Earth, Wind and Fire and the song that best expresses my state of mind right now, Uptight (Everything's Alright) -- Stevie Wonder

I've posted my pic for the first time not because I'm less cautious... (Strangah crazies, this is not an invitation to burn my house down, kay? Thanks. lol) But because I think my smile expresses the appreciation I have for the good peeps over at Yolanda Writes. They've featured R&W as their August 15 and 22 week's "Top Blog/Underblog." While I'll spare you my impromptu rendition of Ms. Diana's "Aint Mo Mountain High Enough" and my ensuing acceptance speech, I wanted to make sure you were properly shouted out. Thanks y'all!

Short post today, but I wanted to leave all you good people reading with some wisdom from Mr. Wonder. It's carried in the vocal chords of Mr. Keith John from the very lovely School Daze soundtrack. The song is called "I Can Only Be Me." God's grace and peace be upon you.

Butterflies begin from having been another.

As a child begins from being in her mother's womb.

But how many times have you wished you were some other,

Someone than who you are?

Yet, who's to say that if all were uncovered. you would like what you see.

You can only be you. As I can only be me...

Flowers cannot bloom, until it is their season.

As we would not be here, unless it was our destiny.

But how many times have you wished to be in spaces, time places

Than what you were?

Yet who's to say, that with unfamiliar faces, you could anymore be you

Love the you that you see.

You can only be you.

As, I can only be me.

2 Comments:

At August 17, 2005 9:08 AM , Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

Lisa you are gorgeous!

 
At August 20, 2005 11:30 AM , Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

nice pic..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home